Sunday, May 15, 2011

Steven Tyler Releases New Music Video, Says Aerosmith Will Play <em>American Idol</em>

Aerosmith frontman and American Idol judge Steven Tyler told Billboard this week that Aerosmith will play the reality singing competition during the show’s May 25 grand finale. 

“Oh, yeah, we’re playing the last show of the season,” said Tyler. “It was always my intention, always, to get Aersomith on the show. I mean, Joe [Perry’s] done it. I’m ready for it. I would love to play with Aerosmith.”

Tyler is referring to Perry’s 2007 performance of “You Really Got Me” with contestant Sanjaya Malakar.

Perry previously told The Boston Herald that he’d think about playing American Idol with Aerosmith but that it had to “make sense for the band.”

Tyler has also utilized American Idol to amp up attention for his new solo music video, “(It) Feels So Good,” which debuted on last night’s show. The video includes a cameo from Pussycat Dolls diva Nicole Scherzinger.

See the video for yourself here:


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment